Write Your Novel or Screenplay Step By Step
Try it Risk-Free for 90 Days
Contact Us - About Us - Lowest Price Guarantee - Shipping - Return Policy
Copyright Melanie Anne Phillips - Owner, Storymind.com, Creator Storyweaver, Co-creator Dramatica
Novel Writing Software
Thousands of writers use StoryWeaver to build their story’s world, characters, plot, theme, and genre.
Try it Risk-Free!Click for Details
Thousands of writers use Dramatica to find and refine their story’s structure and to find and fix holes and missteps.
Try it Risk-Free for 90 Days!
Click for Details
The 12 Essential QuestionsEvery Writer Should Answer
By Melanie Anne Phillips
Each of these questions determines the nature and impact of a key force that will shape your story. If you can answer all twelve, you will have laid all the necessary structural foundations on which to build your novel, screenplay or stage play.
1. Main Character "Resolve" - Change or Steadfast?
2. Main Character "Growth" - Start or Stop?
3. Main Character "Approach" - Do-er or Be-er?
4. Main Character "Style" - Logic or Intuition?
5. Story "Limit" - Time Lock or Option Lock?
6. Story "Driver" - Action or Decision?
7. Story "Outcome" - Success or Failure?
8. Story "Judgment" - Good or Bad?
9. Overall Story Throughline?
10. Overall Story Concern?
11. Overall Story Issue?
12. Overall Story Problem?